55 1 1
My husband and I met when we were teenagers. Little did I know this handsome, cocky guy- who started out as “just a friend”, would turn out to be my best friend, my mentor, my lover, the father of my children, and definitely my better half.
At 18 years old he joined the Navy and left a small town in Mississippi to move on to bigger and better things. In September of 1998, I joined him in Great Lakes, IL to begin our military journey and never once looked back. I had no way of knowing what great things this man of mine would accomplish; but I knew I wanted to be by his side while he did it.
I’ve learned many things from him during our years together:
- I’ve learned to never judge a book by its cover.
- To always look at things from both sides of the coin, and then to look even deeper.
- I’ve learned that grit, hard work, and determination will get you what you want in life; it might not be easy, but it’s achievable.
I’ve seen what it’s like to watch a daddy fall in love with his children and to soak up every possible moment with them. I’ve watched him sacrifice holidays, birthdays, and other various family functions in the name of Freedom. He leads by example, exudes the Navy’s motto “honor, courage, and commitment” from his pores, and is the true backbone of our home.
We’ve had our ups and downs, but upteen deployments, 7 PCS moves, three kids, and 24 years later, we are still together. Staying together is a choice and I’m very fortunate that he continues to choose me each and every day.
To my amazing husband…..I love you, I’m so thankful for you, and you are STILL THE ONE.
- All Things PCS – CONUS PCSing from Getting Orders to Arriving - March 26, 2021
- Milspouse Love Story-Jesse and Rebecca Hyde - February 13, 2021
- Intimacy Talk with Courtney Boyer – Relationship Coach & Sexuality Educator - February 12, 2021
55 1 1